Saturday, February 9, 2013

Lucia's Wedding Pics....4 Years After



First married kiss...








Lucia getting ready with her Bridesmaids
I was talking to Lucia today and we were talking about this and that when somehow we got on the subject of her wedding and I found myself feeling guilty about the wedding pictures I had taken for her (almost four years ago!) which I had never gotten to her. She laughed about my apology and said she didn't really mind cause she didn't love how she looked physically then. It made me sad as I thought of all the pretty pictures I had of her from that day. It also reminded me of  the post I made earlier about the critical way so many of us naturally view our physical bodies---when in fact they are such wonderful miraculous gifts! Anyway, I wanted to share some of the best pictures I got the day of Lucia and Chris' wedding. I think most anyone will agree that the subjects as well as the setting/content make for some beautiful photos. By the way, I am afraid I got a bit carried away in picasa playing with these pictures, but it's just so fun! :)




Juano walking Lucia down the aisle...



Ana getting bowled into by her nephews
Sharing  a kiss

Lucia and Chris laughing


Loved this sweet picture of Lucia and Chris--aren't they a  lovely couple?



And now a few pictures of my beautiful sister. Her wedding (and signature colors) are red, black and white so I played with those colors a lot to accent the pictures.
By a wall of roses

This picture was so pretty of Lucy, Chris's eyes were closed, so I just kept it of Lu. I have always admired her profile. I played with the one I took a moment after where you can see a bit more of her face and cropped it in close and here is how that one turned out....isn't it pretty?

Lovely Lu












Mr. and Mrs. Larsen at last (did I mention Lucia's designed and made her own wedding dress?)








Just at the close of the reception my boys ran to me to take me out onto the church porch to see a rainbow in the distance. I thought it was a very sweet symbol of the life-long promises made that day.






No comments:

Post a Comment