Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Flying By

I used to think that it was just something that old people said "Time is flying!". They always said it so wistfully. It seems that more and more I find myself thinking, if not saying it. I can't believe how fast the weeks fly by. Already the time after I had Dallin seems like a blur (maybe it was all those sleepless nights haha!). I was thinking about when David and I were in college and realized that the people we knew then had children who are now grown up and probably living away from their parents or are at least much older kids--probably in middle and high school. These last 10 years just feel like they have slid along so rapidly, and yet so much has changed and grown and happened. Right now my reality is a blur of preparing meals, feeding and changing Dallin, teaching the boys, teaching/prepping my classes, doing housework. The weekends disappear almost as quickly as they appear on the horizon, lost in a whirlwind of grocery shopping, laundry catch-up, playdates and church callings. Someday I know that this craziness will begin to fade and once again, I will have long leisurely days where some hours crawl by at a snails pace. Somehow though, I know that these are the best days of my life and these chaotic loud days are the ones that my rose-colored memories will be full of. I love that I know that. Just wish I could remind myself during the messy/upset moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment